Anti-Wrinkle Injections soften lines. Anti-wrinkle injections involve injection of a protein into wrinkle-forming muscles. The injection causes weakness or paralysis of these muscles and wrinkles either disappear or are softened.
- The procedure takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Ice or local anaesthetic can be applied to the treatment area.
- Recovery : You can return to your usual activities immediately after the procedure.
- The effects are seen within two weeks.
- The results last 3-6 months..
What is it used for:
• frown lines • crow’s feet
• forehead wrinkles • brow lift
• smoker’s lines • defining the jowls and jaw line
• migraines, sweating and much, much more…
- Slight swelling, redness or bruising may last for a few days.
- There is an increased risk of bruising if you are on the following: Glucosamine • Fish Oil • Green Tea • Antibiotics • Aspirin & Blood thinning medication
• Anti-inflammatory medications (eg Nurofen)
NOTE: we do not recommend stopping any medication that has been prescribed to you by your doctor.
SafetyThe product we use for anti-wrinkle treatments has been used by Neurologists for treatment of muscle spasms for over 20 years, with no long term side effects reported.
Anti-wrinkle injections cannot be used in the following conditions:
- Neuromuscular disorders : Myesthenia Gravis, Eaton-Lambert Syndrome